Search This Blog

 

Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Apollinis incantatio












Apollinis incantatio

 

He catches me in his eyes and holds me there,

In suspended animation without a breath or care.

My heart is silenced and thoughts explode

Into a thousand tiny stars that billow, then slow.

The pain within my chest where time endures,

But my soul from time has now detoured,

And everything that time holds dear is now obscured.

 

In this moment he has stopped its constant folly,

Secured me from its desperate flood of melancholy.

He will not break his eyes from mine,

And all I see is from his soul, his shine.

I know I fill the vacuum with an endless babble of words,

That leap about us like a thousand tiny drunken stewards,

And still I squeak and chatter like a silly teenage lovebird.

 

His smile doth bring a breathless silence to this life,

And all of life he holds within his efficacious might.

My lungs cry out for sweet relief as they do wish

To be freed from this divine celestial anguish.

My heart still cannot remember how to toil,

As within my afflicted breast it doth twist and moil,

And the vitality within my cells doth burn and roil.

 

In the briefest second it all has passed,

As oxygen doth flood my brain again, at last.

And still I cannot tear my eyes from his,

As through my soul a thousand tiny butterflies whiz.

My heart it pounds as it holds my babbling words in contempt,

And still my foolish words spill out, addled and unkempt,

As from any semblance of sense they are self-declared exempt.

 

Yet never once does he appear to flinch,

As time from paradise me doth pinch.

To place me squarely back within this earthly plane,

Feeling ever foolish before this princely swain.

He stands so close that but the breath of God doth part us both,

As just above the ground I softly float,

Without all control of the twittering that still escapes my throat. 

 

Warrior Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment