Search This Blog

 

Saturday, April 9, 2022

Apollinem Tabulae Rotundae


















Apollinem Tabulae Rotundae

 

The world tried to drown me, in the depths of despair, 

A war in my soul, it did gleefully declare.

It quickly descended and tore my heart asunder,

In my confusion I stumbled, as it battled to drag me under.

My eyes flowed with tears as I couldn’t see the way,

As I railed against dear God and forgot how to pray.

I tripped and I fell, into the quicksand of hell,

As the pain that doth dwell, in my core began to swell.

 

I began pulling up all roots, to retreat to the refuge,

To once again save myself, from Satan’s evil rouse.

Confirmed in betrayal of all that I hold dear,

It tore through my soul, like a serrated diamond spear.

Then in the darkness did thee dawn, thou wrested me from woe,

And tenderly did set me down, and then did hope thee sow.

The solace that thou brought, could nowhere else be sought,

The comfort that thou wrought, reduced the pain to naught.

 

Thou made me smile and knitted the wound,

Thou caught my fall and sat me on the moon.

Thou wrapped me close, with thy warm affection,

I felt secure in thy noble protection.

I thank the Lord that He did send, a saint like thee to me,

A giant of a man art thee, who flew to set me free.

A tender, kind and loving soul, a perfect knight thou art,

Eternally I think that thee, may ever hold my heart.

 

Warrior Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment