Search This Blog

 

Saturday, September 3, 2022

Apollo Delphis


















Apollo Delphis

 

‘That which was shall be again’, so said the Delphic Oracle,

Apollo did not fail to shine, he’s not that cynical.

And though I pouted, God continued to govern,

He had patience with me, despite me being stubborn.

 

‘A change of mind, well justified, evinces strength’,

Only the Oracle then knew what all this meant.

Magnanimous throughout my storm, Apollo did not fail to shine,

He spoke no ill nor did he me malign.

 

‘Give credence only to those things that do not demand, expect, or desire it.’

I do not know whether the Oracle means I should stay or I should quit,

But then I see him like a knight upon the battlefield,

Where his chivalry is always and ever well revealed.

 

‘Lo, if indeed it must come to an end, take pains to conclude it with dignity.’

The wisdom of the Oracle is found in its paucity.

And so that which was is now again as once more I sit as confused as then,

Does Apollo wish us for us to be friends, and if so, why no time with me he spends?

 

Warrior Princess

 

No comments:

Post a Comment