Search This Blog

 

Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Apollo dolorum


















Apollo dolorum

 

Every breath is a conscious effort, just to stay alive.

My diaphragm aches within, as the tears come down in waves,

They wash away my numbed out heart and crash upon its depths.

The twirl of grief within my bowls, twists reams of sorrow tight,

Binding up my chastened thoughts, in knots of afflicted recall.

The ancient curse upon my spirit, shackled there by God,

So that He can yet again once more, mock my foolish prayers,

And remind me that true love will never live, anywhere next to me.

 

I ever die upon the thought, of losing you this way.

My heart was built to only ever break, scalded by the pain,

Of loving you and losing you, never more to hold your gaze.

Endless is eternity, gaping like the hole within my heart, a hell of infinity,

Waiting there to swallow me whole, hostage to its end.

To dust I wish my heart to turn, and take my soul along with it,

To dust, to dust, to dust to turn, for me God ever shuns,

In dust shall there true peace be found, where all will finally end.

 

Warrior Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment