Search This Blog

 

Friday, April 15, 2022

Turbatus ab Apolline


















Turbatus ab Apolline

Oh how my heart soars, whenever my phone pings,

When your name pops up, oh how my soul sings.

I feel like a fool but I can’t stop the smile,

And I indulge in the bliss, at least for a while.

I wish I could talk to you about oh so very much,

I wish I could reach out and your face I could touch.

I prattle a while about some nonsense or other,

And all of my insides are all of aflutter.

 

Oh how my heart will break, when it all goes awry,

When you finally move on, oh how my soul will cry.

I feel like a fool but I can’t stop the flame,

And I indulge in the dream that will lead my pride to shame.

I wish I could let you go, oh so very much,

I wish I could reach out and all my sense I’d clutch.

I rattle a while thinking how I’ll screw it up,

And all of my insides are running amuck.

 

Oh how my heart doth wish, that God this ache would bless,

When I kneel before Our Lord, oh how my soul confess. 

I feel like a fool but I can’t stop the prayer,

And I indulge in the yearning, that soon will be my slayer.

I wish I could make you want to be my friend,

I wish I could keep you with me, until my very end.

I battle a while against my very heart,

And all of my insides from this love cannot depart.


Warrior Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment