Search This Blog

 

Sunday, January 6, 2019

The De Valera betrayal, Catullus




















The De Valera betrayal, Catullus

And so it ends Catullus,
In the blaze and haze and dust filled lungs of Béal na Bláth,
The back pierced to the fatal end as traitors hail their misplaced grá,
Never again shall a song emerge to reach thine ears so black,
Those ears of tears who to thine friend, doth quickly turn their back.
And to thy shame thine acts sit loud before the throne of God,
For thou might think it all now dwells beneath thine oral sod,
But He above He knows the truth and ever shall thy crime,
Present itself before His Face and seek His righteous time.
Let’s see what He doth make of ye and all those slurs thou preach,
Thine false and fickle heart He’ll weigh beside thine sinful speech.
I have no fear that Justice yet shall rear her mighty head,
And though it might not happen yet, it will whence long I’m dead.
I wait with God in patience; weary and desolate though I be,
I know that God Himself alone the expounding truths can see.
I hope the yield thou reap, is worth the price thoust paid,
I hope the lies thoust told, are worth their weight when weighed.
For I know thou hast sown chaff and not the wheat you seek,
And thou hast proven yet again, thine love for me was weak.

Warrior Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment