Search This Blog

 

Saturday, January 26, 2019

The Cloud Soaked Sky, Catullus










The Cloud Soaked Sky, Catullus

I see thee my Catullus, but I cannot bear to look upon thy gaze,
My love repels me and throws me into a terrifying maze.
The very sight of thee weakens me to my core,
I am drifting in deep waters, abandoned by my moor.

I cannot bear to lift my head lest thou art standing there,
I cannot endure to see the sight of thine ever scowling stare.
The pinched up anger in thine heart to hatred soon will turn,
To stoke the ever festering mess that thou dost always churn.

My heart is lost within this storm that thou hast cast on me,
I fight against the windswept pain and yet I cannot find my lee.
My soul despairs the loss of light beneath the cloud soaked sky,
And all the while this pain I know thou wilst fore’er deny.

Within my breast my heartbeat stalls when thou appear once more,
Ignoring thee dost crush my bones and defeats me to my core.
I was not born with will or whim to e’er from Justice cleave,
For love nor money ne’er shall I cause deceit and truth to weave.

The day will come when thee shall pass and enter the Gates on High,
By then too late for thee to purge the sorrow of thine lie.
The witch that lives within thy den shall turn to dust once more,
And on that day the wench shall learn she’s an amoral wicked whore.

Warrior Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment