Search This Blog

 

Thursday, August 2, 2018

On the banks of the Styx













On the banks of the Styx

I used to play in those meadows once,
I know who belongs there, I’m not a dunce.
I loved the air, the flowers, their fragrance,
I could feel God’s warmth in their ethereal essence.
I could run and play and stare at the sky,
The angels were there just out of sight of my eye.
I could roll down the slopes with no fear of a stone,
For I knew that Our Lord would not leave me alone.

I walked across the clear forest lake,
My ever next footstep my eternal mistake.
Enchanted it sparkled with the viridian hues,
The Naiads enticed me then trapped me in shoes.
Alone and abandoned on the shores of the Styx,
Cerberus approaching as his lips he licked.
I fled to this land so barren and bare,
Where nothing is pure, not even the air.

The people are nasty; the babies all dead,
Their own dear mothers crushing their head.
Their limbs torn asunder; discarded as waste,
Our Lady doth weep; it’s an earthly disgrace.
The disabled and elderly are pushed to the side,
While people across nations do plot their demise.
Life is by invite, death is by choice,
The defenceless are robbed of their silent voice.

Money and mayhem, destruction and debt,
All are the trophies of this kingdom’s jetset.
Plunder and pillage are their eternal goal,
Gaia they destroyed, her heart they stole.
Gone are the oceans so deep and so rich,
Choked by humanity being a bitch.
Gone are the jungles with their hearts so pure,
For humanity’s indulgence knows no cure.

I sit and I look at this ever bleak world,
And wonder how hope could ever unfurl.
I look at the meadows from whence I came,
And ponder the joys of a life without shame.
I look at the children enclosed in their care,
And I pray in this torture they never will share.
I will take out the Naiads one by one,
So that for ever again they can deceive none.

Warrior Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment