Search This Blog

 

Monday, February 6, 2023

Apollonia, unmartyred














Apollonia, unmartyred

 

The sting never lessens, the pain only grows,

The ache ever worsens, and with it doth my woes.

The tears never stop, even when my face is dry,

Day and night may swap, but the darkness of my soul covers each and every sky.

I hate being with people, I hate being alone,

I hate seeing couples, their peace I’ve never known.

I hate seeing you, your perfection breaks my heart,

You pulled a mighty coup, and then you tore my world apart.

I wish that I could hate you and turn my grief around,

I wish that I could spurn you and my love that I could bound.

I wish that I could fade and disappear to naught,

The weeks just keep on passing, desolation’s all they’ve brought.

I never understood you, you never let me try,

Each time I take a breath, I just wish that I could die.

I cry aloud each night, Oh Lord! Please let me turn to dust,

And blow away with the wind, to disappear in a gust.

I cannot eat lest I throw up, and alas dislodge my soul,

And lose it down the eery sewers of Satan’s toilet bowl.

I should jump into the fire, though no martyr I would be,

For I don’t think even death, from my pain could set me free.

 

Warrior Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment