Search This Blog

 

Friday, June 3, 2022

Paradisus amissa

Paradisus amissa

 

I always saw it coming, and now the day is here,

I sit within the vacuum of a bubble made of tears.

I know it is my fault for remaining who I am,

Whether saying what I think, or calling out a sham.

And so I pin my pictures of the briefest memories,

That from this day forward shall fuel my reveries.

Upon the walls of doubt where all my distrusts hang,

I tack the nails of pain that across my soul doth twang.

I bedeck my void with thoughts, of how it might have been,

If I cared less about being true, or dressed to be seen.

The nothingness I festoon with sentiments now past,

As I confine myself within, my fortress oh so vast.

I never could do right, for all the wrong I’ve done,

So hiding with my dreams, your realm now I shun.

 

Warrior Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment