Search This Blog

 

Tuesday, June 26, 2018

A Day, Catullus


















A Day, Catullus

Good morn, dear Catullus, let us walk through the street,
It’s not quite oft like this that we meet.
Let us talk awhile lest time should beguile
And take me away from thy sweet smile.

Good day, dear Catullus, let us walk to the prom,
Now from thine musings thou I shalt charm.
Let us take shade ‘neath the old olive leaves
As thine eyes the breath from my breast dost cleaves.

Good eve, dear Catullus, let us sip for a time,
As the shadows grow longer we may yet dine.
Let the cool e’en breeze take the furrows from thy brow
So all our dalliance betides to us here and now.

Good night, dear Catullus, thy head on my breast,
Finally thine heart the aim of my quest.
Let us embrace ever closely, in perpetuum mine
Eternally darling, my benevolence thine.
Warrior Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment